Substainable Employment Pledge
We have pledged our commitment with SBF (Singapore Business Federation) to sustainable employment.
Sustainable Employment involves purposeful action by companies to cultivate their workforce for present and future needs. It is known that socially conscious and responsible companies have consistently enjoyed long-term performance.
We have pledged our commitment with MINDEF (Ministry of Defence, Singapore) to support National Service and Total Defence with our policies and human resource practices.
DECLARATION OF SUPPORT
- We will honour and uphold our duty as employers of NSmen as laid out in the Enlistment Act (Cap 93, Part VI).
- We will recognise and appreciate the skills acquired and values inculcated in our NSmen through National Service.
- We will actively support our NSmen to manage their National Service commitments.
- We will readily commit our civil assets and services in support of Total Defence and support our nation in national crises or emergencies
NS MARK GOLD
We have taken our National Service commitment to another level by being accredited with NS Mark (GOLD).
Those with a higher level of support that have implemented policies and human resource practices that support National Service and Total Defence may progress to attain the NS Mark (GOLD).
We are committed in supporting our employees who uphold the peace and stability of our nation, and will continue to support National Service and NSmen with their contribution to our National Defence in the many years to come and beyond!
“Nothing creates loyalty and national consciousness more speedily and more thoroughly than participation in defence and membership of the armed forces … the nation building aspect of defence will be more significant if its participation is spread out over all strata of society. This is possible only with some kind of national service.” – Dr. Goh Keng Swee
Employment's Pledge of Fair Employment Practices
We have signed the Employer’s Pledge of Fair Employment Practices. It symbolically signals that we agree with the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP) towards adopting our principles of human resource management.
“By being a fair employer you will be able to attract , develop and retain valued employees and create a harmonious and inclusive work environment.” – TAFEP, Singapore
The 5 Principles of Fair Employment Practices are:
– Recruit and select employees on the basis of merit (such as skills, experience or ability to perform the job), regardless of age, race, gender, religion, marital status and family responsibilities, or disability.
– Treat employees fairly and with respect and implement progressive human resource management systems.
– Provide employees with equal opportunity to be considered for training and development based on their strengths and needs to help them achieve their full potential.
– Reward employees fairly based on their ability, performance, contribution and experience.
– Abide by labour laws and adopt the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices.